My Programming Pathway
To be something in life whether it is to be an engineer or to be an artist or to be a doctor or to be a lawyer or to be a physicist or even a philosopher, there is always a journey to becoming that person and even after been that person, there begins another new journey of becoming an expert in that field.
This Article is all about the first part of becoming that person who just knows. Thought, one thing is certain, it will require a lot of time and commitment which everyone is always afraid to give to something they aren’t sure will give them an instant reward but at least let us start somewhere and set a goal of where we are going. Especially if it is to be an A.I & Machine Learning Programmer/Expert or even a top-class programmer will take a lot of time, a staggering lot.
Ooh yeah, you heard me right, Machine Learning programmer or expert and top-class programmer.
I have searched and searched and researched the internet, bookshops for different classes, tutorials, articles, books, blogs that I will need and successfully, I have built one for myself which is a complete, broad and maybe scary pathway (Promise to make it in form of PDF) which will be starting from how computer works all the way down to reinforcement learning (my main area of focus).
Also, I have structured it in such a way that the general focus is General Programming with specialization in Machine Learning. I will be giving daily or a two-day report or summary of what I have learnt so far in form of a series “Programming Pathway”. You can follow along and also from my lessons as I learn to be a machine learning programmer if you are into that kind of thing. I have made it structured in this pattern because it is very easy for me to lose focus on the way
I’m really hopeful this helps all those who are trying to start learning A.I and everything seems a lot too much too learn. So let’s begin
I will be breaking them into 3 semesters and 35 courses (with at least one Module) over possibly one and half years ( but I do promise that after sometime you will be able to do projects on your own). Though you can move to parts you are more interested in by using the resources for those courses.
Semester One (1): Focus will be more on Web development.
Semester Two (2): Focus will be more on Core Programming & Application Development.
Semester Three (3): Full Focus on Machine Learning (Artificial Intelligence).
Course 000: Computer Basics
Course 001:Introduction to Computer and Algorithms
- MIT OpenCourseWare Introduction to Computational Thinking & Data Science
- MIT OpenCourseWare Introduction to Computer Science & Programming using Python
Course 002: HTML5 & CSS3
Course 003: Advanced CSS3
Course 005: PHP
Course 006: NodeJS
Course 007: Web development — Bring it all together
Course 008: WordPress
- How to setup your First WordPress Site in less than 4 Hours
- WordPress Guide Beginner to Professional from Scratch
Course 009: Web Libraries
- Bootstrap 4 — The Complete Guide to Learn Bootstrap 4
- React from Basics to Real World Projects
Course 010: Jekyll
Course 011: Python
- The Python Bible Everything You Need to Program in Python
- Complete Python Class 2018 from Beginner to Pro
- The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Application
Course 012: Statistics
Course 013: Another Web Library (Django)
- Django 2 & Python The Ultimate Web development Boot-camp
Course 014: Kotlin
Course 015: Data Exploration (Pre-Requisite: Statistics)
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Boot-camp
Course 016: Linear Algebra
- MIT OpenCourseWare Linear Algebra
Course 017: Calculus
- Essence of Calculus
- MIT OpenCourseWare Single Variable Calculus
Course 018: Introduction to Machine Learning
- Udemy Machine Learning
Course 019: Introduction to Deep Learning
Course 020: Deep Learning
Course 021: Neural Networks
- Neural Networks for Machine Learning by Geoffrey Hinton
Course 022: Pattern Recognition using Python
- Python Vision (pythonvision.org/basic-tutorial)
- Face Recognition using Python (https://bytefish.de/pdf/facerec_python.pdf)
- Image Processing Python Basics (Analytics Vidhya)
Course 023: Artificial Intelligence
Course 024: C to C++
- The Complete C# developer course
Course 025: Java
Course 026: Swift
Course 027: Android
- Android for Absolute beginners
- Android Kotlin Development Masterclass using Android Oreo
Course 028: iOS
Course 030: Intro to Databases (Pre-Requisite: Python, PHP)
- SQL Interview Questions — 156 Quiz Questions & Answer
- Complete SQL Bootcamp with MySQL, PHP and Python
Course 031: More on Databases
- Learn MySQL & MariaDB from scratch and Build a Database App
- Complete Database Course 2018 6 Course in 1
Course 032: Advanced Databases
- Programming in SAS for beginners
Course 033: Git & Integration
- Git a Web Developer Job Mastering the Modern Workflow
Course 034: MATLAB
- The Complete MATLAB Course: Beginners to Advanced (YouTube)
- Learning MATLAB with Image Processing from Scratch
- Control Systems Design using MATLAB
- MIT Signals and Systems
Course 035: Project and Maybe Thesis Work
- Master React the fun way — Create a Movie App from Scratch
- How to create a WordPress Portfolio Website
Selected Videos Series
- CSS Animation Tutorial
- CSS Grid Tutorial
- CSS Positioning
- Git & GitHub Tutorial
- Big Data Technologies
The Electives and Selected Videos Are to be watched along side some courses.
The image is the learning flowchart (Sorry I had to use pen to write down and design, In the PDF of the Programming Pathway I will use Word to that) of the whole process, with the division into web development, core programming, machine learning and scientific computing.
For the first 3 months of this year (my focus will be on web development, with little concentration on Python, Statistics and MATLAB), after which I move on to more concentration on core programming with a little bit more focus on data exploration hopefully (another 3–4 months)and then finally full concentration on machine learning with completion of web development and probably more than half completion of core programming (> 70%). There will be exercises after each courses/modules and (More details in the PDF)
I know this isn’t a full explanatory pathway but I will be more specific when I start the “Programming Pathway” Series. The Videos (including those for Udemy), Books and other materials will be uploaded on my Google Drive or a reasonable cloud platform so everyone will be notified during the series. Some of the courses are online, so I will be adding the links to the courses in the PDF.
Before I go, I will like to thank a few people, Ayooluwa Olorunmola (He introduced me to Programming and Python), Ayomide Odumakinde (Founder, Plantheus and a person who inspired and still inspires me in machine learning from far), Ayomide Ojo (you know why) and Solomon Gloria for following me and everyone who has been reading. It means a lot.
For any inquires, contribution and criticism, send them to my email firstname.lastname@example.org or my number +2349097118015
My Next Article: Being a New Man: What it will entail(Wednesday, 9th January 2018)
Really, sorry that this article came late.